Hello all. I have, by request, started another blog, this time to share my adventures in Nairobi, Kenya. I am flying tomorrow and arriving Friday morning. Sounds like a long trip, but I am also losing 11 hours from the time difference.
I will be living and volunteering in Kenya for at least three months, working with the Humanist Centre of Kenya and one of their associate schools. As far as I know so far, I will be splitting my time between teaching and doing some admin work for the organization.
I'm doing this internship through AIESEC, which, as most of my readers will know, is the student organization I have been working with for the last 5 years and went to South America with. This time I will not be doing AIESEC work, but will still be there through the program and hanging out with AIESEC members there.
I'm really excited about this opportunity because it represents exactly what I have been looking for as a next step in my career. I want to work professionally with non-profits and my area of interest in education (in my family, it seems it is unescapable!). So my goals are to learn what it takes to work in a non-profit organization and to experience bringing education to kids who wouldn't otherwise have that chance. Who knows what will happen from there!
My next post will be from half way around the world! See you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hurrah! I hope your trip there is comfortable.
ReplyDelete