Hello again,
Sorry for disappearing for a while. We have internet at home, but after we use up our month's suppy it cuts off. We lasted 8 days. It died on Tuesday. So on Wednesday I went to the university to use the internet... and it wouldn't connect. Nothing. So yesterday I went with Daudo to a place that has free wireless, and for whatever reason my wireless couldn't detect the network. So... the end result is that I haven't had internet for the whole week! Crisis!
This week was actually pretty mellow. Daudo got back from the Netherlands on Tuesday and we have been eating these awesome Dutch waffles and licorice :) I have been meeting with potential exchange participants for interviews and working on some documents (reception booklet, wikis, etc.)
So anyways, I'm still alive and I'll try to write more soon :)
P.S. No pictures because blogger is being stubborn today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi Jess
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back. What are you going to do for internets for the rest of the month? I will be in mexico, so I will not be on the internets very much. We are in Chilliwak right now, and there is snow! Do you have snow? What are you going to do for Christmas in Africa?
Have you read Bel Canto by Ann Patchet? I read it and now Jon is reading it. It is an interesting book. What are you doing with your time now that you do not have internet? Have you taught everyone dutch blitz yet?
Yay Jess,
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you are hanging in there. Hope you have lots of Anime to see you through this LRR drought. Do you like the food of my Homeland? Do the licorice have DZ stamped on them for Double Zalt? Bonnie delieted my first comment of wizome and I did the second. So here is the 3rd.
Bonnie:
ReplyDeleteI am using the internet at another university. Surprisingly, we don't have any snow. Not sure what my plans are for Christmas yet, still working it out. No, I haven't read that book. What is it about? I haven't taught everyone dutch blitz because I don't have enough decks of cards. (maybe you could reply in an email)
Jon:
Third time's the charm! I do indeed like Licorice (at least some of it) and waffles. I didn't notice any stamp on them. Shouldn't it be a JZ instead of a DZ? ;)