I went to an AIESEC conference a few years ago and one of the facilitators said that being VP Talent Management (TM) is like being VP Mom. You take care of the members and manage their learning, from their first introduction to the organization.
Today we had the New Member Training (Discover Day) for the students we selected at UEM. There, presenting, leading activities, managing information, coordinating activities, were the students that just five months ago were in the same seat as the new members there today. And they did great! I was so impressed with their confidence, their knowledge and their passion. Not only did they take what we did and repeat it well, they added their own touches, their own style. I was so proud of them! I spent most of the day smiling.
When we cleaned up after the delegates had left, we packed all the boxes into the car of an alumnus who was giving us a ride home. The Exec team all walked off together, talking and laughing and so very much a team. It’s a moment I will remember for a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

that's great Jess, what a great memory. But wait until they start to leave the nest. It's very sad. Thanks for phoning today and congrats on a job well done. Mom
ReplyDeleteIt is hard when your babies start to grow up and become independant. I know this. My tomoates have graduated to the greenhouse, and now I miss being able to check on them every few moments.
ReplyDeleteWow. What an inspiring moment. Congratulations on everything you've done!
ReplyDelete