Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It never rains but when it pours

It's really interesting to see how much Kenyas are tied to the weather and their environment. As I think I mentioned last time, a lot of the financial difficulties the school is facing right now do not stem from the financial crisis, they stem from the drought that has been hurting Kenya for the last couple months. Well last weekend it finally rained... and a LOT. Talk about a freak rain shower - it went from nothing to thunder and lighting in a flash! Anyways, now we have lots of puddles and it's very muddy. The mud is so sticky that it feels like I am wearing platform shoes because I have an extra inch along the bottom. But I prefer it to the dust so that's fine by me.

The last couple of days have been NUTS!! Because the weather changed so suddenly, guess what, I caught a cold. So I rested up all weekend and didn't do much. By Monday I was feeling better but still really tied. One of the teachers needed help giving the exams to her students so I got stuck taking care of BOTH Class 3 and Class 4 at the same time, going back and forth and trying to pull activities from nowhere to keep them busy. Then we stayed after school until 8:30 working in the strategic plan. Then today I came to school to find out that I had to do it again! I had already used up all my ideas!! Haha. So but the time lunch came I was exhausted. A few of the AIESECers came to visit though, bringing a new intern from the UK to visit. Tomorrow I will go to help them with some recruitment activities. On Friday we also have a partners event, plus there are the exams at school, so I should be pretty busy!

That's about it for now, I'm pooped!

1 comment:

  1. Learn about Birds. All kids like that.
    Sorry you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. And I am happy for your rain. It is also raining here, but I am not so pleased about it.

    ReplyDelete